Help With Gambling Addiction - A Guide for Impacted Families
Are you looking for help with gambling addiction? Do
you have a loved one who's a problem gambler? Maybe you're
quite sure yet if they have a gambling problem, and you're starting
to research? Or maybe you're already certain that there's a
problem, and are looking for help? Wherever you are in this
process, this website focuses on all types of gambling problem
recovery topics for the loved ones of problem gamblers. While
there's information on the site that problem gamblers themselves may
also find helpful, the focus is to provide help to the loved ones of
gamblers impacted by the gambling problem.
It's important to
understand that I'm not a professional in the field of problem gambling
or addictions, nor I am even in the medical field. I am,
someone with first-hand experience discovering that my spouse is a
problem gambler, and living with the hardship and turmoil that comes
from the progressive disease of gambling. Fortunately, I also
have experience working through the addiction recovery process
with my spouse, and for myself. So while I'm not a expert in
field, and have no professional qualifications to give advice, I can
speak from personal experience, and straight from my heart to yours to
hopefully help you and your family start down the road to recovery.
my own research, including Internet searches, books, and individual
therapy, I came to realize that while resources gamblers to get help
with gambling addiction is plentiful, help for the spouses and loved
ones is few and
far between. Hence, seeing this gap, I became motivated to
together this website as a free resource. If I can help even
person, or one family find the right path for helping your gambler
and/or yourself, then it will have been worthwhile.
this site contains information that is from my personal experience, as
well as concepts and techniques that I've compiled over the years,
including talking with my individual therapist, talking with others
with problem gamblers in their lives, as well as what I learned through
the intervention experience that myself and my loved one went through.
addition to sharing experiences, ideas, and techniques in dealing with
loved one who's a problem gambler, this site is also meant to provide
information about problem gambling itself. What is it?
do you know your loved one is a problem gambler? Can it be
What's Gamblers Anonymous? What's Gam-Anon?
questions that you might be asking yourself at this point might include:
- What can I do to help?
- Should I do something to help or leave it be?
- Should I stay with, or leave my gambler?
- How should I handle finances?
- Is gambling really a disease?
I've used the word "should" liberally, infering that you'll find all of
THE answers here, that's not going to be the case. Everyone's
situation is so unique, personal, and complex that no one could
you exactly what to do. The reality is that there's truly no
right answer for your situation. There are different paths
can take, each one with its pros and cons. Ultimately you'll
to decide what's best for you and your personal situation. In
fact, I would venture to say that if someone purports to KNOW exactly
what you should do, I would caution you, as nothing is that simple,
even for a problem gambling professional or addiction specialist.
I hope you'll find is unique about this site is that unlike other
resources available to you, it not only provides
information regarding getting help with gambling addiction all in one
but also provides a forum for people to share their experiences, as
well as ask and answer questions. While hopefully you'll come
believe that there's no one right answer to your problems, it can often
be very helpful to ask a question and have a direct dialog about
possible answers/solutions. I've found that this type of
not readily available for loved ones of problem gamblers.
you've read this far, it's highly likely that you're feeling
overwhelmed by the gambling problem in your life, and you need help.
While this site won't cure your problems, you can rest
that you've found a place to learn, share, and dialog with people who
understands what you're experiencing, and who can help guide you to the
tools you'll need for the learning process. As the
grows, it will become even more valuable for you as you read about
others who have experienced similar situations, and learn about what
they did to work towards rebuilding a healthy way of life.
- About, My Gambling Addiction Story
- Learn about MY story!
- Help for Gambling Addiction, Options for Getting Help
- Is a problem gambler impacting your life? Learn different ways to get help for gambling addiction.
- What Is Gaslighting?
- Learn about Gaslighting and how gambling addicts use it!
- Addiction Intervention, Should You Plan a Gambling Addiction Intervention?
- Considering a gambling addiction intervention? Learn about what it is and whether you should do an intevention.
- Gambling Addiction Help, Stories of Addiction
- YOUR Stories! Gambling addiction help includes sharing stories with others affected by the gambling problem. Share YOUR story!
- Gambling Addiction Blog
- The Gambling Addiction Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the Help With Gambling Addiction site. Subscribe here!
- Gambling Addiction Help Online, FREE ezine
- Signup for my FREE newsletter & get a FREE gambling addiction help online ebook written by Dr. Mitchell Wallick!
- Contact Me
- Contact me with comments or questions!
- Sitemap - Website Table of Contents
- Use the sitemap to find pages of interest!
- Self Help Books, Addiction Recovery Book
- Find self help books to guide you in your stuggles with a gambling addiction problem in your family.
- Effects of Gambling Addiction, Financial AND Emotional Problems
- Learn about the effects of gambling addiction - It's not just financial!
- Help With Addiction, Gambling Addiction Recovery
- Looking for help with addiction? Get a FREE eBook written by Dr. Mitchell Wallick!
Return to Help With Gambling Addiction Homepage
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave a comment in the box below.